Celebrate with a Holiday Wine Guide

North Jersey resident Chaya Kochis is always looking for great dining experiences. She enjoys sharing her love of wine and other culinary tastes regularly – catch her day-to-day exploits on Instagram @chaya_loves_wine (Visit Account). 

Ladies and gentlemen, it’s that time of year again. Yes, the holidays are once again upon us and this year more than ever, families are going to reunite and celebrate together. Well, what do you bring to a holiday dinner? Casserole, stuffing, dessert? Nah, you can’t go wrong with a bottle of wine. Here are some selections that are sure to please your guests for any holiday celebration.

Cuvaison Sauvignon Blanc ($20) – This Napa Valley wine is crisp with flavors of lime, white peach, lemongrass and has a mineral finish. I love this wine particularly with appetizers or heavier side dishes as the acid cuts through the fat and balances out the food

Massican Vino Bianco ($24) – This Mediterranean inspired, Napa Valley white wine is made from grapes picked solely from the Massican region of Northern California. It is light and crisp with flavors of pear, citrus and herbs. It goes well with appetizers, turkey and sweet desserts.

Josh Cellars Pinot Noir – ($18) This Napa Valley wine is well balanced, easy to drink and extremely versatile. It is fruit forward, with flavors of strawberries, cherries and a hint of lightly toasted oak. It pairs well with Turkey, vegetables, and mild soft cheeses such as brie or comté.

2018 Robert Mondavi Merlot ($29) – This Napa Valley red wine is 97% Merlot, with the remaining 3% consisting of Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine is rich and full bodied with sweet fruit notes of plum, blueberry, and dark chocolates. It’s also smooth with velvety tannins and a beautiful salinity that will have you coming back for more. Pairs well with turkey or heavier meats.

2014 Le Rêve Blanc de Blanc Domaine Carneros by Tattinger ($120) – This Napa Valley Sparkling Wine is on the higher end of wines on my Holiday Wine List, but it has been an exceptional two years, so if you feel like splurging this New Year’s try this wonderful sparkling wine. Made from 100% Chardonnay, with notes of honeysuckle, lime blossoms, brioche and a hint of ginger. Flavors include honeycomb, yuzu and baked lemon pie which are complimented by a long elegant finish. Pair it with shelfish, salads, desserts or as I prefer, whenever the mood strikes.

Cheers to a happy and healthy 2022 for us all!